Breakfast is not boring for diabetics. Yes, you read that correctly! These amazing and healthy pancakes are just one of tons of recipes you can make to fully fulfil your breakfast cravings, in a healthy way! Plus, you feel much better this way. Believe us when we say, this will become a weekly staple for your household!
- 80g (2/3 cup) almond meal
- 125g cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Melted butter, to cook
- Chopped pistachios, to serve
- Fresh raspberries, to serve (optional)
- Use a wooden spoon to beat together the almond meal and cream cheese until combined. Gradually beat in the eggs until well combined and lump-free. Stir in the vanilla and baking powder.
- Brush a non-stick frying pan with the melted butter. Place over medium heat. Pour in about three 1/4 cup measures of the mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until the underside is golden. Carefully turn (the pancakes are a bit fragile) and cook for a further minute. Transfer to a plate and continue with the rest of the batter.
- Serve pancakes topped with pistachios and raspberries, if using!