Also some Mexican recipes get the healthy green light!
Try this super-easy spinach taco shells with just five ingredients!
- 60g (2 cups, firmly packed) baby spinach leaves
- 2 eggs
- 40g (1/3 cup) almond meal
- 2 teaspoons psyllium husk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place the spinach in a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water to cover. Set aside for 5 minutes to blanch. Drain, squeezing out extra liquid.
3.Transfer the spinach to the bowl of a food processor. Add the eggs, almond meal, psyllium husk and salt. Process until smooth. Place one 1/4 of the mixture onto one of the prepared trays. Use a cranked spatula to spread to make a 15cm circle.
4. Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 4 circles. Bake for 10 minutes or until set. Use a spatula to transfer the circles between the gaps of an upturned non-stick muffin pan to create a taco shape. Set aside to cool slightly. Bake for a further 10 minutes to dry out.
5. Fill with your favourite taco ingredients (smoked chicken, avocado, tomato, sour cream, onion, coriander, etc).