Mackerel Salsa Wrap
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Juice half lime
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- half level tsp cumin
- pinch chilli powder
- 3-4 plums, stoned and chopped
- 8-10 fresh ripe cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 4 mackerel fillets (each 90g)
- 4 rotis or wholemeal tortillas
- 100g mixed salad leaves
Add the onion, lime juice, olive oil, cumin and chilli powder to a bowl, and mix well.
Mix in the plums, tomatoes and coriander. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, make three slits across the skin of each mackerel fillet.
Grill or barbecue each mackerel fillet skin side up under a grill, or skin side down on a barbecue, for around 4 minutes. This should be enough to cook the fillet right through but if not, turn it over and cook it for 1 minute on the flesh side too.
After warming the tortilla, add some salad leaves and a mackerel fillet. Top it with a dessertspoon of salsa and roll up.
Serve the rest of the salsa on the side.