Coconut Chicken Soup
Are you looking for a warm bowl of soup this winter? Are you looking for a healthy bowl of soup this winter that will satisfy your cravings and exceed your expectations? Well, this soup is for you! Enjoy this cozy bowl of chicken soup with the family all winter long. There’s no way you’ll get sick of this one! Servings: 10
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried lemongrass
- 8 ounces mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound rotisserie/roasted chicken, shredded
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger and lemon grass for about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, lime juice and pepper flakes and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk in coconut milk, fish sauce, and cilantro; lower heat and leave for about 10 minutes before serving. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chili oil, cilantro leaves and/or lime wedges.
Get 5% off your next order when you sign up today for the latest advice, research and exclusive offers