Healthy Asparagus Frittata
Need quick and healthy breakfast and brunch options? Enjoy this recipe filled with veggies and protein! Did we mention it takes 5 minutes to cook?
1 bunch thin asparagus
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cup beaten egg
2 tbsp skim milk
¼ tsp pepper
½ tsp salt (to taste)
⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp margarine (trans fat free)
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (reduced-fat)
¼ cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a bowl, toss asparagus with olive oil. Place asparagus on baking sheet and bake in oven for about 12 minutes. Chop asparagus into ½ inch pieces and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss together egg, skim milk, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Spray an ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. Add margarine into skillet and melt over a medium heat. First add the asparagus, then the egg mixture. Cook for a few minutes for egg to set
- Add both the parmesan and mozzarella. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set.
- Place skillet under the broiler. Broil until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from skillet onto a plate carefully, serve, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts per serving: 1 slice
Get 5% off your next order when you sign up today for the latest advice, research and exclusive offers