Tasty Burrito Bowl
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced & divided in half
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1 medium tomato seeded & diced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (according to package instructions)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked & shredded chicken
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- 1 lime sliced
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add half the diced onion and the pinto beans, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, black pepper and water. Sauté, slightly mashing the beans until the liquid is absorbed, (approximately 5 minutes).
- In a small bowl mix together tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, remaining diced onions, cilantro & lime juice. Set aside for later.
- Season brown rice with salt.
- Divide and layer brown rice, topped with cooked pinto beans, chicken, tomato mixture, sliced avocado and 1 slice of lime in 6 bowls.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories: 320 Fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 38g Protein: 22g
Get 5% off your next order when you sign up today for the latest advice, research and exclusive offers