Are you looking for the perfect, tasty winter meat stew? We have it for you! This meat stew is good for the soul and will keep your stomach happy! Loaded will flavor, barely any prep, and an amazing outcome. Try it for yourself!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (700 g) beef or veal shanks (osso bucco)
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 400g can beans, drained, rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shanks. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until browned. Add carrot, tomato and 1/2 cup cold water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat. Simmer for 1 hour or until meat is fully tender.
- Add thyme and beans. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Per Serving