Banana Blueberry Pancakes
While some might say pancakes are strictly for breakfast, we would argue these are also excellent for dessert, or really any time of day!
- 150g banana, mashed
- 25g blueberries, chopped in half
- 10g coconut flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Butter / oil
- In to a mixing bowl mash the banana into a thick creamy consistency. Add in the blueberries (half if for a baby), coconut flour and egg.
- Mix together well until a thick batter has formed.
- In to a non stick frying pan over medium - high heat add one knob of butter (or coconut oil), allow to melt (do not let the butter burn though!).
- Once melted add in one dessert spoonful of the mixture and flatten down a little. You want them to be about 1cm thick
- I usually make 4 mini pancakes per pan at a time.
- Reduce the heat to low - medium from now on.
- Cook until the underside has turned a golden brown and you can easel lift it and carefully flip it over with a spatula.
- Once flipped cook the other side for 2-3 minutes before removing from the pan and placing on a wire rack to cool a little whilst you finish making the others.
- You can serve them hot straight from the pan or allow them to cool before putting in a sealed container in the fridge until required.
- Will keep for up to 4 days.
The CuraLife Newsletter
Our newsletter is packed with valuable insights, including expert guidance on managing chronic health conditions, tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and updates on the latest breakthroughs in medical research.