Boost Your Immune System With These Foods
We keep hearing over and over again how important it is to keep our hands clean, social distance, remain in closed quarters, use hand sanitizer, etc. While these are key tips for prevention, they are just the beginning of what we can do for our bodies! Studies have shown that a “healthful diet and lifestyle habits can help boost the body’s natural defense.” The key role of the immune system is to keep us free from infection. Earlier this week we published an article on the Immune System and Type 2 Diabetes. Keeping our immune systems strong is critical. In this article, we will discuss what we can do to help boost our immune system via diet! What can we do to boost our immune system? While foods cannot ward it off on their own, they can help boost our immune systems, which could prepare our bodies to fight off the unwanted invaders! Vitamin C Vitamin C is known to be an essential antioxidant to boost the immune system. What does this mean? Intake of Vitamin C will help to destroy free radicals and support the body’s natural immune response. Sources of Vitamin C include:
- Tons of other fruits and veggies!
- Red meat
- Legumes (beans, lentils, chickpeas)
- Sleeping at least 8 hours a night can help boost your body’s immune system
- Consume anti-inflammatory foods and spices! This includes ginger, cayenne, and turmeric. There are great tea recipes online that include all 3 ingredients! :)
- Herbs like oregano, thyme and rosemary, as well as garlic are known to have potent antiviral effects.
- Eat green vegetables that are filled with antioxidants and vitamins that support your immune system!
Get 5% off your next order when you sign up today for the latest advice, research and exclusive offers