Chocolatey Cake - Keto Friendly!
Everyone is always on the search for the best chocolate cake recipes and no one seems to really nail it. Whether you are gluten free, dairy free, keto, diabetic, the search always goes on, doesn’t it? We felt the pressure to find the best of the best diabetic-friendly chocolate cake recipe that works for any occasion… especially the holiday season. After all, no holiday menu is complete without a chocolate cake, right?! So here you have it, an amazingly deliciously moist chocolate cake, that happens to be Keto too!
For the cake layers:
- 3 cups fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp Dutch-process cocoa powder (or additional regular)
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated erythritol
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the whipped ganache frosting:
- 2 1/2 cups (425 grams) dark chocolate (make sure to use sugar-free)
- 1 3/4 cups canned full-fat coconut milk
Prepare the frosting:
- Chop the dark chocolate into small chunks and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the coconut milk in a saucepan and set it on medium heat. Heat until the milk looks like it is just about to boil, then remove from the heat and pour over the chopped chocolate. Let stand for 60 seconds, without stirring the chocolate.
- Gently stir the mixture until it's smooth and no lumps of chocolate remain. Place the bowl in the refrigerator to set for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. The mixture should be cold and thickened quite a lot.
Prepare the cake layers:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease two 8-inch pans, and line them with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all cake ingredients until smooth, then divide the mixture between the two cake pans.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes on the center rack or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
To finish the cake:
- Once the frosting is set, remove it from the refrigerator and use an electric hand mixer to whip it for about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Place your first cake layer on a pedestal. Spread a heaping 2/3 cup of the ganache between the layers and the remainder of the ganache on top and all over the sides of the cake.
- Slice and enjoy!
*Option to make a single layer cake, just divide measurements accordingly!
Get 5% off your next order when you sign up today for the latest advice, research and exclusive offers