Garlic Herb Butter Beef Tenderloin
Impress your guests this Holiday Season with a beautiful beef tenderloin. A classic if you ask us! This dish is seared and roasted with the perfect herb butter seasoning and baked to a buttery delight! If you're stressed about hosting the Holiday dinner as a diabetic, fear now more. We have plenty of options for you starting with this gem!
- 4-6 pound beef tenderloin trimmed and tied
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup butter softened
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon thyme finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon oregano finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon rosemary finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the tenderloin by trimming the fat. Cut it in half and tie the roast. Bend the tail in at the end of the roast so that it is tied in even thickness.
- Preheat a heavy bottom skillet to medium high heat and add the olive oil. Once the olive oil has reached the smoking point, add the roasts and sear each side for 3-4 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- To make the garlic butter spread: Combine the butter, garlic, thyme, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Place the tenderloin in a roasting pan, heavy bottomed skillet, or baking dish. Spread half of the butter on the roast.
- Roast in the oven until the temperature reaches just under 140 degrees for medium doneness. Remove from the oven and slather the rest of the garlic butter on top and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Show off and enjoy!