Healthy Shrimp Veggie Bake
Looking for a romantic dinner date but cannot seem to find a low-cal option? We feel the struggle! This dish is full of color, flavor and texture. What more could you want in a dish? Filled with protein and satisfaction, this healthy shrimp veggie bake will definitely become a staple dinner in your house!
Ingredients: -10–15 medium shrimp (peeled, thawed) -1/4 cup sliced red onion -½ cup cherry tomatoes -2 yellow squash and/or zucchini (sliced 1/4 inch thick) -1 yellow bell pepper -2/3 cup cream or coconut cream -4 eggs -2 tbsp melted butter or oil (butter works best for texture). -2 garlic cloves (1 tsp minced) -4 heaping tbsps gluten-free starch or 1/4 cups gluten-free flour (2 tbsp is using arrowroot or corn-starch work best). If using almond flour or other gluten free flour, see notes) -Sea salt and black pepper to taste (extra for serving) -1/3 to 1/2 cup grated parmesan or nutritional yeast needing a dairy-free option. Feel free to add more for a cheesier topping if desired. -1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes or seasoning -Cilantro and additional chili flakes for toppings and garnish
- First, make sure your shrimp is peeled and thawed out. Preheat oven to 350F
- Slice all of your veggies. If you want more flavor to the dish, lightly brown (dry sautée) your onion in the pan (until fragrant) first. Lightly oil or grease your pan and layer the rest of the veggies evenly into the baking dish or pan (casserole dish or cast iron dish). Place Shrimp on top or mixed within the veggie layers.
- In a small bowl, mix your cream, garlic, egg, starch, and butter or oil. Whisk together until smooth yellow mixture is formed.
- Pour this evenly over your shrimp and veggie dish. Sprinkle your sea salt and black pepper over casserole dish followed by your grated parmesan, evenly.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes.
- Place in oven and bake at 350 F for 35-45 minutes. Make sure that your shrimp are cooked and your veggies are nice and tender. Check at 25-30 minutes to see progress. The shrimp will shrink while cooking.
8) Once cooked, remove and more sea salt, pepper, cilantro on top! Feel free to season with additional chili flakes as well.
Nutrition Facts: Serving size 1 portion Calories: 240 Fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 8g Protein: 20g
Get 5% off your next order when you sign up today for the latest advice, research and exclusive offers