Italian Meatball and Zoodle Tray Bake
Need a quick and healthy dinner the whole family will love? We’ve got you covered with these juicy Italian meatballs and zoodles! Zoodles (Zucchini noodles) are a healthy alternative to pasta, and once all the flavors are there, you won’t even know it’s a healthy version!
- 2 x 250g packet zucchini noodles (if you can’t find packaged zoodles, feel free to “zoodle” them yourself with a spiralizer)
- 1 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 x 420g pkt beef meatballs
- 200g grape tomatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 95g (1/2 cup) kalamata olives
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a separate bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper to taste. Form meat into balls.
- Divide the zucchini noodles between prepared trays. Sprinkle with Italian herbs. Top with the meatballs and tomatoes. Drizzle over the oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until meatballs are golden and cooked through. Season.
- Scatter the tray bake with the olives, feta and basil.
Nutrition Facts: Serving size
Calories: 730 total Fat: 38.7g (total) Carbohydrates: 49.2g (total) Protein: 43.6g
The CuraLife Newsletter
Our newsletter is packed with valuable insights, including expert guidance on managing chronic health conditions, tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and updates on the latest breakthroughs in medical research.