Keto Cauliflower Pizza
By Jolie Wiener, May 27, 2021
Pizza is no longer only for the weekends! Enjoy this HEALTHY and low-carb pizza any day of the week! Crusty cheesy pizza is no longer a treat, it's a normal meal! Let's get right into it!
- ¼ cup (60ml) each tomato pasta sauce and pesto
- 100g mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 250g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved (smaller ones left whole)
- Baby basil leaves, to serve
- 1 (about 700g) cauliflower
- ¾ cup (75g) almond meal
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 30g grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 140°C (fan-forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. For cauli-flour dough, roughly chop cauliflower and place in a food processor. Pulse until very finely chopped, then tip into the center of a clean Chux cloth. Place over a bowl and squeeze to remove any excess liquid. Spread cauliflower over prepared trays and bake for 15 minutes to dry out. Remove and stand to cool slightly.
- Return cauliflower to food processor with almond meal, oil, parmesan, a pinch each of salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, and eggs. Whiz until a smooth dough, scraping sides if necessary.
- Increase oven to 180°C. Spread cauliflower mixture over 1 baking-paper-lined tray to form a circle and use a piece of plastic wrap to press mixture down until about 1cm thick. Roast for 25 minutes or until cooked through and golden, then remove from oven.
- Increase oven to 250°C. Spread tomato sauce and half the pesto over cauliflower pizza base, then top with mozzarella and roast for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Meanwhile, toss tomatoes and remaining pesto in a bowl. Season with pepper. Remove pizza from oven and top with pesto tomato and basil. Scatter over extra parmesan to serve.