Keto Christmas Sugar Cookies
Keto Christmas Sugar Cookies might sound like a tongue twister, but let's just say they are more fun to make and eat than they are to say. Christmas isn't Christmas without decorating cookies with friends and family. So if you're the host this year, no one has to know that these are healthier!
- 5 tablespoons butter , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (4oz/115g) monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 egg , at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups (5oz/143g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (1oz/28g) coconut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered monkfruit sugar or Swerve for dusting
- Using an electric hand mixer or a whisk, cream together the butter and monkfruit until light and pale in color. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract and beat until evenly combined.
- Next, add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt then mix until a firm dough is formed.
- Bring the dough together into a ball then wrap tightly in cling wrap. Transfer the dough to the fridge and chill for a minimum of 2 hours to overnight.
- Once ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place the dough onto a large sheet of parchment paper, then cover with another large sheet, sandwiching the dough between the 2 sheets. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a 1/4 of an inch thick sheet. Using cookie cutters, cut the dough into a variety of shapes.
- Using a large offset spatula or a flat turner, gently run under each cookie, lifting off the parchment and removing from the excess cookie dough. Place the cutout cookie onto the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat this process until all of the cookies have been removed from the sheet. If you have a lot of excess dough after removing the cookies, roll the dough out again and continue to cut out cookies until all of the dough is used. This will make 16-18 large cookies, depending on what shapes you use.
- Bake the cookies 1 cookie sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring the cookies to a rack to cool fully.
- Dust with powder monkfruit or swerve if desired.
- Cover and store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.