Keto Italian Sausage Zucchini Boats
This easy "Italian sausage stuffed zucchini boats" is a healthy & delicious recipe which takes 10 minutes to prep.
- 4 zucchini
- 1lb Italian pork sausage
- 2 garlic cloves
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- parmesan cheese (1/3 cup)
- Italian seasoning
- olive oil
- a pinch of salt
Method for the zucchini:
- Prep zucchini: Cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out the center of the zucchini: You can use a spoon or melon baller to scoop out some of the zucchini, so that you have room for the stuffing.
- Roast the zucchini: Drizzle it with some olive oil and sprinkle with salt, then bake until it’s soft.
Method for the sausage filling:
- Cook your sausage filling: Saute onions, sausage, and garlic together.
- Finish filling: Then you’ll remove from heat and stir in some canned diced tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Stuff zucchini boats: Top your keto zucchini boats with the filling and then some shredded mozzarella.
- Bake the stuffed zucchini: Into the oven they go to get nice and melt-y!
Nutrition facts, 1 portion (two boats):
- 582 calories
- 29 grams protein
- 44 grams fat
- 11 grams net carbs
The CuraLife Newsletter
Our newsletter is packed with valuable insights, including expert guidance on managing chronic health conditions, tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and updates on the latest breakthroughs in medical research.