Keto Pumpkin Creme Brûlée
It's pumpkin everything season and we are ready for it! Believe us when we say, no diabetic should miss out on fall treats! We will kick off the season with this delicacy - simple, a crowd pleasure and surely a dessert that will impress your dinner guests! Oh, and it's Keto!
Creme Brulee Ingredients
- Heavy cream
- Pumpkin spice
- Pumpkin puree
- Egg yolks
- Granulated monk fruit sweetener
- Stand mixer
- Kitchen blow torch (can use your oven broiler)
- 13 x 9 pan
- 6 ramekins
- 2 prep bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Separate yolks from the whites and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, heat heavy cream until hot but not boiling – stirring frequently. Turn off and move on to next step.
- Using an electric mixer, mix 1/2 cup sugar, pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and pumpkin spice until just combined. Turn mixer to low speed and slowly pour hot heavy cream into pumpkin mixture. Mix until combined. Add vanilla and bourbon.
- Pour mixture into ramekins until almost full. Set ramekins in the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan and fill the baking pan with boiling water until the level reaches halfway up the side of the ramekins. Bake approximately 35 minutes or until the crème brulee is set.
- Remove creme brulee from the water allow to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until set. You can refrigerate creme brulee up to 3 to 4 days before you serve.
- Remove crème brulee from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes prior to serving. Evenly sprinkle 1/2 tsp. of monk fruit sugar over the top of each of the custards. Using a small kitchen blow torch, or your oven broiler, melt the sugar and let it caramelize (be careful not to burn). Let creme brulee sit until the sugar topping hardens. Serve.