Keto Red Velvet Cake
If you have a celebration coming up, you do not need to stress out about finding a cake recipe that suits you, because we have the perfect one. Colorful, moist, and delicious - you will be able to enjoy guilt-free with this Keto Red Velvet cake!
- 252 g blanched almond flour
- 96 g coconut flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250 g butter use dairy free, if desired
- 300 g granulated sweetener of choice * See notes
- 6 large eggs ** See notes
- 180 ml cup almond milk can use any milk
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3-4 tbsp natural beetroot powder (or red food coloring of choice)
- 28 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered erythritol or sweetener of choice
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line two 8-inch pans and two 6-inch pans with parchment/baking paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add your almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt and mix well. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream your butter and sugar until fluffy, around 8 minutes. Add the eggs in, one at a time, and beat well until fully incorporated. Add the milk and vanilla extract until combined. Add the dry ingredients and beat until creamy.
- Add the cocoa powder and beetroot powder (or red food coloring) and stir until combined and the desired color is achieved.
- Divide the batter evenly amongst the two cake pans, and smoothen out the tops. Bake for around 22-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool completely.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, add all ingredients to a large bowl and use a handmixer to incorporate them until smooth and fluffy.
- Once cool, frost the layers with the cream cheese frosting and assemble the cake, then frost the sides of the cake as well.
- On another turntable, repeat the process to assemble the smaller 6-inch cake. Gently lift the cake using a spatula and place it on top of the larger cake.
- Decorate as desired.