Low Carb Apple Strudel
Looking for an easy-peasy Apple Strudel dessert that will impress everyone that you can actually indulge on during the Holidays? No need to stress that you can't eat the dessert, now you can. You just need to be the one to make it. Don't worry, it's easy! Let's start!
- 96 g almond flour
- 24 g coconut flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3-5 teaspoons water as needed
- 350 g cooking apples peeled, cored and diced
- 50 g walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp stevia powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt to food processor. Pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Pour in apple cider vinegar with the food processor running. Once it has distributed evenly, pour in the egg, followed by the water. Stop the food processor once the dough forms into a ball. The dough will be sticky to touch.
- Wrap dough in cling film and knead it through the plastic for a minute or two. Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the apples, walnuts, cinnamon, lemon juice and stevia into a bowl and mix by hand.
- Roll out the rested dough between two sheets of parchment paper with a rolling pin until roughly 8x12 inches in size. Trim top corners using a pastry wheel or knife, then add filling to the center of the dough.
- Cut slanting strips (roughly 3/4-1 inch each), fold the top and cris-cross the strips.
- Close the dough over the filling being careful not to break it.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 25 minutes or until set and golden in color.
- If desired, serve with sugar-free vanilla ice cream.