Low Carb Carrot Cake
We all know that sometimes you need to celebrate a birthday, a celebration, or.. sometimes you just want a piece of cake. That’s life, and that’s more than okay! So, instead of eating a cake that you do not what's inside of it, make your own and make it healthy and low-carb. With a recipe like this, there’s no way anyone will taste the difference! This cake is extremely moist, spiced, and extra creamy!
Servings: 12 slices
Ingredients Carrot Cake:
-1/3 cup Olive oil
-2 tsp Vanilla extract
-1 cups Lakanto monkfruit (or sweetener of choice)
-2 cups Almond flour
-2 tbsp Coconut flour
-2 tsp Baking soda
-1/2 tsp Baking powder
-1 tsp Ground nutmeg
-1 tbsp Ground cinnamon
-Pinch of Salt
-1 stick of butter, melted
-1/2 cup pecans or nut of choice, chopped
-2 cups of Carrots, shredded
Cream Cheese Frosting:
-8 oz Cream cheese, softened
-1/2 cup Lakanto Powdered Sweetener
-1/2 stick of Butter
-1 tsp Vanilla extract
-1/3 cup Heavy cream
Instructions Carrot Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Set aside two 6in cake pans or one 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, olive oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add in all other dry ingredients: Sweetener, Almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- Blend in melted butter, walnuts, and shredded carrots.
- Transfer the batter evenly among the two prepared baking pans. Bake for 30-35 mins. Allow the cake to cool before adding frosting.
- Blend all ingredients together. Cream cheese, powdered sweetener, butter, whipping cream, and vanilla extract. (Best results in blender or food processor)
Get 5% off your next order when you sign up today for the latest advice, research and exclusive offers