One Pot Massaman Beef Curry
It's time to bundle up, find a good movie, and make a warm and filling curry. Curry and winter go hand-in-hand as we know, and we wanted to help you find one with the most maximized flavors, colors and textures. This recipe pretty much checks all of the boxes if you ask us! We forgot to mention, it only takes 30 minutes!! What's your go-to curry?
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 600g Coles Australian No Added Hormones Beef Rump Steak
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup (100g) massaman curry paste
- 600g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- Diced Butternut Pumpkin
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 3cm pieces
- 400ml coconut milk
- 300g green beans, trimmed, halved crossways
- 450g pkt microwavable jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup (35g) peanuts, toasted, chopped
- Heat half the oil in a large deep frying pan over high heat. Season the steak. Cook for 2 mins each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside to rest.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic. Add pumpkin, eggplant and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 10 mins or until the pumpkin is tender. Add the beans. Cook, covered, for 2 mins or until the beans are bright green and tender crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice following packet directions.
- Thinly slice the steak. Add to the vegetable mixture in the pan and stir to combine. Sprinkle with the peanut and serve with rice.
- Cuddle up and enjoy!