Top 6 Father's Day Gift Ideas for 2020
Father’s Day is this Sunday, June 21st, and while it can be hard to think of great gift ideas, we’ve got you covered. As we mentioned previously, Type 2 diabetes and several other health conditions disproportionately impact men. While you might be thinking to order your Dad or husband the usual gift basket of chocolates, there are some other diabetes-friendly gifts that offer a healthier alternative. Here are our top 6 Father's Day gift ideas for 2020:
- Medical ID Bracelet.
- Buy him a yoga class, or several!
- Cook a diabetes-friendly brunch.
When eating out, there are infinite tempting choices and also no way to control the ingredients in your food. Plus, what’s more heartfelt than cooking at home? Invite your Dad over to your house for some Eggs and Sausage-Sweet Potato Hash with your family. Everyone will love it!
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 pound turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Pinch of salt
- Cook sausage and sweet potatoes in a frying pan over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Using a wooden spoon, break up the sausage into crumbles.
- Add cranberries, sliced apples, pecans, and a pinch of salt. Stir, and remove from the pan.
- Clean skillet, spray with cooking spray and cook an egg on low heat until cooked through. Serve on top of the hash. Optional garnish: chopped scallions and salsa.
- Fitness Tracking Watch.
- Take him on a walk.
- Compression socks.
- Take him for a round of golf.
Get 5% off your next order when you sign up today for the latest advice, research and exclusive offers