Chickpea and Tuna Salad
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans albacore white tuna in water
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- Optional: ½ cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, celery, red pepper, and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, basil, salt, and pepper. Pour over chickpea mixture; toss to coat. Gently stir in tuna.
Serve over lettuce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.