Chicken Fried Rice
- 3 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- 3/4 lb bonelss skinless chicken breasts, diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil , divided
- 1 Tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 1/3 cups frozen peas and carrots blend
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large non-stick wok or skillet, heat 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1 1/2 tsp of the canola oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken pieces, season lightly with salt and pepper and saute until cooked through, about 5 - 6 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
Return skillet to medium-high heat, add remaining 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1 1/2 tsp canola oil. Add peas and carrots blend and green onions and saute 1 minute, then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Push veggies to edges of pan, add eggs in center and cook and scramble.
Return chicken to skillet along with rice. Add in soy sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with Sriracha to taste if desired.