Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa verde
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For serving: Queso fresco or sour cream, diced avocado, finely chopped radishes, and cilantro sprigs (optional)
Press the sauté button on your Instant Pot. Once hot, add the vegetable oil and then the diced onions. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
Add the minced garlic, ground cumin, ground coriander, and cayenne pepper. Cook for another minute, or until the spices are fragrant.
Add the chicken breasts, salsa verde, diced green chilies, chicken broth, cilantro, salt, and black pepper.
Close the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Press the manual button and set the timer for 10 minutes.
After the timer goes off, wait for the pressure to release naturally for 8-10 minutes. Once pressure has released, open the lid and remove the chicken to a plate or cutting board.
Using two forks, shred the chicken and then return it back to the Instant Pot. Stir the chicken into the chili.
Serve with crumbled queso fresco or sour cream, diced avocado, finely chopped radishes, and cilantro sprigs (optional).